Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sheer laziness. Sorry. Back now!

For a dog, laziness is just a different deal. For you humans, it's about not doing the things you usually do, or should do or don't want to do. For a dog, there are never things we should do.
Being cheerfully dependent on our masters leaves us completely free to be as active or idle, as playful or passive or as charming or cheeky as the mood dictates.
So, sorry, I've been feeling languid, introspective and uncommunicative. Plus, recent events on my beloved Earth have been so damn saddening that I've wanted to avert my gaze. My heart goes out to the families who have lost loved ones in plane crashes, bush fires, rocket attacks and, any minute now, shark attacks off the coast of Australia. Yes, that's a prediction! What a beginning to the Year of the Ox.
But relief may be at hand. This caught my attention: a new movie, "Hotel for Dogs." Apparently, a pair of orphans, brother and sister, play homemakers for an ever-growing family of four-legged waifs and strays. What a completely laudable concept. Okay, okay, just a cute idea! Anyway, heart-warming it surely is. Go see it. Maybe it will give you a smile in these dark times.
Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment