Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not a shark. a crocodile!

My psychic powers, never in doubt since I began my posthumous communication with dear Janie Veron, have been both confirmed and questioned. Maybe I do "big picture" best and should leave the detail to others.

So I did indeed have this terrible presentment of looming tragedy in Australia. (See my earlier blog). But the chomping jaws I half-sensed were those of a Great White, not a goddam Crocodile.

You may have seen the news that police have found the remains of five-year-old Jeremy Doble in the stomach of a 14-foot male crocodile in Queensland. The monstrous beast was trapped in the flooded Daintree River near where the boy had vanished on February 8. The area, which I have scanned from here in Dog Heaven, is one of lush green rainforest, stretching right down to the brilliantly white sandy beaches of the coastline. Yet again that Australian paradox emerges: extraordinary natural beauty at every turn, and killer creatures lurking in its shadows to take their shocking toll on humanity.

Apparently, Jeremy had been playing with his seven-year-old brother Ryan and their dog behind the family property in a flooded mangrove swamp when he disappeared. I can't help wondering why the dog wasn't a bit more on the ball. I would have doine anything to protect my Master from whatever danger he might have confronted. Not that sharks and crocodiles tend to terrorise England's green and pleasant land in huge numbers! Silly thought. Better quit while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment